What is Alameda Research? Solana Ecosystem Enthusiasts
What is Alameda Research?
Alameda Research is an investment fund established in October 2017. They manage over $1B of digital assets and have a trading volume of around $1B- $10B per day on thousands of support, from BTC to other Altcoins. Alameda Research has a global reach with the ability to trade on all major exchanges and markets.
Alameda is also one of the few full-service companies for projects. One is to become a Market Maker, which provides liquidity to about 35 of today’s leading brokers. Or OTC with low arbitrage, high liquidity,… for any asset listed on the exchange.
Prominent Alameda Research Members
Sam Bankman – Fried – CEO of Alameda Research
Sam Bankman – Fried (SBF) is one of the most influential people in the current Crypto market. SBF is also the CEO of FTX – the broker with an incredible level of growth, as well as a reputation for Futures.
In Hurun’s report, SBF is the second richest person in the Crypto market, behind only Brian Armstrong – Co-Founder and Coinbase CEO. Sam was also on the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2021.
On Twitter, SBF showed itself not only as a Builder but also as contributing information to the community a lot. SBF is famous for 10 – 20 Tweetstorms on Crypto issues.
However, for some reason, the current Alameda Research team list is no longer SBF’s name. The high likelihood is only to redistribute roles within the Alameda group and FTX. But anyway, when it comes to Alameda, the first person in the community to think about it is Sam Bankman-Fried.
Sam Trabucco – Co-CEO of Alameda Research
Sam Trabucco used to be a trader in SIG corporate bonds and ETF certificates. He graduated from MIT in 2015 with a degree in mathematics and computer science. Sam is one of the very active people on Twitter, and Sam’s Tweets often benefit the community.
Alameda Research Portfolio
Some Featured Properties
1inch: The pioneering Aggregator platform in Crypto, helping users get low slippage trading and good liquidity coming from multiple sources. 1inch has three call rings:
- Seed (8/2020): Binance Labs, Alameda Research, Galaxy Digital, Dragonfly Capital
- Series A (12/2020): Pantera Capital, ParaFi Capital, Spartan Group,…
- They are preparing for Series B with a valuation of up to $2.25B.
ParaSwap: 1inch similar liquidity aggregation project. ParaSwap has two call loops:
- Seeds (9/2020): Alameda, CoinGecko, Arrington and HBG Capital, etc.
- Extended Seed (5/2021): No significant funds except for individuals such as Andre Cronje of Yearn, Michael Egorov of Curve, and Fredrik Haga of Dune Analytics.
- Alpha Finance: Leading project in Farming combined with leverage. Alameda investment time not found.
- Tulip: The name was formerly Soulfarm, an “Alpha Finance” on Solana. Tulip has seen a pretty significant growth quickly, from July 2021 to November 2021 (33x from ATL to HBG). Alameda invested in the Seed round in October 2021 with Darren Lau of Not3Lau Capital (formerly working in Spartan).
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join CoinCu Telegram to keep track of news: https://t.me/coincunews