Review PlaceWar ($PLACE) – A decentralized strategic play-to-earn game universe deployed on a multi-chain with highly engaging artillery gameplay
Have you ever thought about leaving your own legacy to a whole virtual world? Battle, create, and you become a part of the Internet culture history in PlaceWar!
Concept Project – What is PlaceWar?
PlaceWar is a decentralized strategic play-to-earn game universe deployed on a multi-chain with highly engaging artillery gameplay that allows players to create and define the outlook of the in-game world through building, battles, and alliances.
- Empower players to input UGC and shape how the game looks.
- Diversify P2E mechanism to enable diversity in players.
- Bind the UGC creation feature with core gameplay features like battle and P2E mechanism to boost interaction between players.
Inspired by Worm and r/place, PlaceWar creates a gamified and open Internet culture metaverse and puts users in control. You are guaranteed a gaming experience that you’ve never seen before in any other Play-To-Earn games. They integrate battle and creation, and they make sure there is an incentive mechanism to support them both.
What is the project trying to achieve?
PlaceWar is not just ‘another P2E‘ game. They want PlaceWar to become a gamified Internet culture metaverse, and an open world for gamers and design enthusiasts, not just limited to the crypto space. They want the players to have fun with the gameplay and indulge their creativity here, with a sustainable and lucrative enough Play-To-Earn mechanism to support. Moreover, they want PlaceWar to be a game truly driven by the community, and they believe it is the key to the longevity of PlaceWarx
What is unique selling point
The PlaceWar is a turn-based artillery shooting game. Your objective is to eliminate all enemies you are matched with. Each turn, a player must strategically choose the right shooting angle and power to maximize the damage on the enemies while minimizing the chance of getting damaged by mobilizing the tank.
A map of 9000 lands as Pixel tiles. A pixel is the primary base for the tank and represents a unit of color on the map of Placedonia. Build a tank formation for battle, starting with 3 tanks. Collect resources, build buildings and protect your Pixel. Pixels of higher rarity have more options for building or producing resources.
As a squad commander in PlaceWar, tanks are your most reliable companions and your sword in a fight. To start with PlaceWar, you need to first form your squad of 3 tanks.
There are 5 types of tanks in the PlaceWar world. Each type has its own feature and statistics:
- Medieval: They may look clumsy and outdated, but these old-timers ain’t some expendables on the battlefield
- Heavy Armor: The backbone of any tank fleet. With balanced stats, they are your most reliable pal.
- Rocket Launcher: Hit your enemies from where they can’t even see you. Your best choice if you don’t want to go close-range melee combats
- Mech Tank: Terminator-like futuristic tanks that are capable to strike enemies in the most surprising way
- Amphibious: Being nimble gives you a tactic edge, even more so when they are capable of handling all terrains and waters.
There will be 3 Battle Modes (Participate without Pixel):
- PVE Skirmish: Players will take on bosses with a 3-tank squad. Each tank will take turns to launch an attack on the boss, and will have to sustain the attacks by the boss. You need to defeat the boss and at least one tank needs to survive.
- PVP Battlefront: In this mode, players are matched randomly with other players in a 3 V 3 tank battle. The mission is to eliminate all enemy tanks with at least one own tank surviving.
- Players will take turns to shoot. Each turn a player moves a tank and shoots the enemy tanks. Shooting angle, wind direction, and shooting power will determine the hit and damage. A player can use items to assist battle by adding Buffs or Debuffs on enemy tanks.
- Guild War: A 10 VS 10 PVP arena that can be initiated by any player. To join a Guild War, players need to deposit a certain amount of $GEAR or $PLACE which can be withdrawn at any time before the battle starts. The battle mode will be exactly the same turn-based artillery shooting but for 10 tanks on each side (1 tank for each player). The goal is to have at least one tank surviving while eliminating all enemy tanks.
A Fuel Tank represents the energy your tank squad currently has. Every battle you take in PVE or PVP mode will consume Fuel. When your fuel runs out, you will have to wait until your fuel tank refills so you can put your tanks into action again. Or you can spend your $GEAR token to accelerate this process.
Placedonia, the canvas land of the PlaceWar world, is divided into 300 x 300 parcels of tokenized Pixels. A Pixel represents a pattern on the canvas and is the home base for all your tanks. You can construct various facilities and place Defenders on your Pixel using construction resources you collect during your gameplay.
Pixel is the land of Placedonia, so as an owner of Pixel, you can:
- Resources: Collect resources or even $PLACE spawning randomly in the Pixel
- Construction: Construct buildings and other facilities to get Buffs or extra resources production
- Pegatron Skirmish: Defeat roaming rogue drone, Pegatron, and loot treasures
- Conquest Mode: Invade other Pixels to force change color and loot resources, or build defenders to defend your Pixel.
- Cross-chain integration
PlaceWar Governance Token (PLACE) is a BEP-20 governance token for the PlaceWar Universe.
- Token Name: PlaceWar
- Ticker: PLACE
- Token Type: Bep-20
- Total supply: 1,000,000,000
- Fundraising Goal: $240,000
- Access: Public
- Network: BSC
- Contract: 0x07728696eE70A28c9C032926577AF1D524Df30f9
- Price per token: $0.014 per $PLACE
- Total Tokens: 1,000,000,000 PLACE
- Available for Token Sale: 20,000,000 (2% PLACE)
- Accepted Currency: DUSD
- Vesting schedule: 33% TGE and monthly 33%, total 3 months vesting
- Restricted countries: United States of America, China, Hong Kong, and all sanctioned OFAC countries (DR Congo, Iran, Myanmar, Sudan, Iraq, Ivory Coast, North Korea, Syria, Zimbabwe, Cuba, Belarus, Liberia)
- Application time: 01:00 PM UTC, November 08 — 07:00 AM UTC, November 11
- Winner announcement: November 11, 2021
- IDO pool date: November 12, 2021
- IDO’s buying time (Phase 1 — Guaranteed allocation): 12:00 PM UTC — 01:00 PM UTC
- IDO’s buying time (Phase 2 — FCFS): 01:00 PM UTC — 01:15 PM UTC
- Community pool’s buying time: 01:15 PM UTC — 01:30 PM UTC
- Listing time: 10:30 AM UTC, November 13
- Claiming time: 11:00 AM UTC, November 13
Token release Schedule
Token use case
- Governance: Token holders gain voting rights through PLACE keys and receive vPlace tokens. Each vPlace token entitles the holder to one voting right.
- Play-to-earn: When a player completes certain tasks or owns a pixel, the PLACE token is used to reward the user.
- The PLACE token is used when crafting tanks, equipment or building new NFTs. Users will have to use PLACE tokens as a fee to be transferred to PlaceDAO.
- Liquidity Supply: PLACE tokens can be used as a reward for providing liquidity for PLACE token trading in a DEX.
- Guild Wars participants will have to deposit PLACE tokens to stake.
How to own the token?
Guide how to participate in RedKite: https://redkite-faq.polkafoundry.com/guides/before-joining-idos.html
Guide how to participate in GameFi: https://faq.gamefi.org/
Markets and Community
6th November 2021 — In the race for Metaverse domination, PlaceWar formed a strategic alliance with various industry leaders and venture capitals. Today, PlaceWar partnered with some of the leading Venture Capitals in the metaverse P2E gaming space. Blockchain Crypto Asset (BCA Investments), LEAD Capital & AU21 Capital has invested in PlaceWar to super-boost the trajectory towards hypersonic growth and build an army of P2E gamers
A game needs gamers. Traditionally, the gaming industry pays massively for traffic and focuses on monetizing rather than community building. This is the main cause that the lifespan of games is getting much shorter in general. Play to Earn is a revolutionary mechanism to align the interest of gamers and devs. They are joining many pioneers to apply blockchain to gaming to change the industry forever.
The competitive human nature has never changed, but the outlook of the competition. That’s why they envision making PlaceWar a self-evolving game with the community to add value, point out the direction, and of course, get the rewards.
PlaceWar Team consists of both experienced and passionate game and blockchain developers, and community & marketing experts.
- Myrtle Anne — Founder
- Ken Nizam — Chief Marketing Officer
- Ajay Chan — Lead Developer
- Morris Ramos — Chief Product Officer
- Leo Liu — Blockchain Advisor
Conclusion and analysis
With many blockchain games popping up every day it’s important to stand out. The uniqueness of PlaceWar is the combination of creative and strategic play 2 earn. A decent project attracts lots of investors and the key to the decision is the team and its content. For one thing, Myrtle and Morris, the founders, are influential in the crypto market and professionals in blockchain technology, respectively. For another, PlaceWar has the potential to be the next bellwether in the P2E industry, since the team is solid, and the pixel system can increase the players’ engagement.
Find more information about PlaceWar:
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/placewargame
- Discord: https://discord.gg/VVYqYFwc86
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/place-war-game
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/placewar_game
- Telegram: https://t.me/placewar
- Website: https://placewar.io
- LinkTree: https://linktr.ee/placewar
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas about the project, please email [email protected]