Crypto Market Highlights Jan 13, 2022
Banks create the stablecoin consortium, discussing Hong Kong crypto regulation and much more crypto market news compiled over the past 24 hours.
Crypto Market Highlights: Investment News
The banking platform SEBA Bank claims to have raised 110 million francs (119.98 million US dollars) in a Series C financing round under the joint management of Altive, Ordway Selices, Summer Capital and DeFi Technologies with the participation of Alameda Research. According to Crunchbase data, SEBA previously raised a total of $ 126.5 million.
Web3 Infrastructure Solutions Web3Auth announced a $ 13 million Series A Round led by Sequoia Capital India. The company plans to accelerate its expansion into decentralized games, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and social applications, and advance its vision of making blockchains accessible worldwide.
Crypto Market Highlights: Stock Market News
- Brazil’s 2TM group, owner of the crypto exchange MercadoBitcoin.com, has announced the acquisition of a majority stake in CriptoLoja, the first licensed crypto exchange based in Lisbon. The Brazilian parent company will begin its expansion into Europe with over-the-counter (OTC) trading and, in the second phase, intends to make the entire MercadoBitcoin.com platform available to institutional investors and retailers.
- On Wednesday, Coinbase announced it had fixed an issue where customers with non-USD accounts could not see the value of their assets. The announcement came about 6 hours after they tweeted that they were aware of the problem and were working on a solution.
Coinbase also said it will give its employees a week off every quarter of 2022 to recharge after a “long day and a long week” at work. It added that “virtually the entire company will be closed for four separate weeks this year,” as part of a test that will allow workers to recover from a stressful workload.
- Brokerage company eToro has launched MetaverseLife, a new smart portfolio that includes stocks and cryptocurrencies from the growing Metaverse industry. Currently in the portfolio are Meta Platform, Roblox and other blockchain-based Metaverse projects such as Decentraland, The Sandbox and Enjin (ENJ).
- The Nova Scotia Securities Commission has been warned that CoinRise, a cryptocurrency trading platform, must not be registered to “conduct any securities or derivatives business in Nova Scotia.” CoinRise claims on its website to be Canada’s fastest growing cryptocurrency trading platform.
- The blockchain project Chia Network has announced the launch of Coupons, its first native peer-to-peer exchange for anyone with a Chia wallet. To further support the offering, Chia has partnered with Stly to launch USDS, the first dollar-denominated stablecoin on the Chia Network.
Crypto Market Highlights: Stablecoin News
The USDF Consortium, an association of financial institutions insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), today launched its mandate to build a banking network for the further adoption and interoperability of a bank-dominated stablecoin, USDF. Founding members are New York Community Bank (NYCB), NBH Bank, FirstBank, Sterling National Bank, Synovus Bank, Figure Technologies, Inc., and JAM FINTOP, they said.
Crypto Market Highlights: Regulatory News
The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) has issued a document on cryptocurrencies and stablecoins that takes into account international recommendations, markets and the local and regional regulatory landscape, other key regulatory agencies and the characteristics of payment-related stablecoins. Members of the public and industry can email their responses until March 31, 2022.
Crypto Market Highlights: News Receives New Products and Services
The Republic of Palau and blockchain development company Cryptic Labs have announced the launch of the Original Name System (RNS), a digital residency program. To kick off the partnership between Palau, Cryptic Labs, and the state-sponsored digital residency program, Palau President Surangel S. Whipps Jr. signed an “all global user” technical residency contract number through the RNA under the state’s digital residency law.
Bitcoin (BTC) Wallet Strike has announced its launch in Argentina. Strike is available in most of the US states and: El Salvador.
Crypto Market Highlights Career News
Malcolm Wright, former chief compliance officer at BitMEX crypto exchange, has joined Shyft Network, a startup focused on helping crypto companies comply with anti-money laundering (AML) compliance.
About 100 people left the technology giant’s augmented reality team last year to join Meta Platforms, according to former Microsoft employees quoted by the Wall Street Journal. They argue that Meta (formerly Facebook) is specifically focused on attracting people who have worked on Microsoft’s HoloLens (AR) augmented reality headset.
Crypto Market Highlights: NFT’s News
The large clothing retailer Gap announces that it will launch its first NFT collection powered by Tezos (XTZ) on January 13th. Collector’s Gap Hoodie, ”added the company.
Legal News: Crypto Market Highlights
South African police are investigating a series of criminal cases led by private investors who seek to arrest two brothers, Raees and Ameer Cajee, who have been arrested on a suspected fraudulent cryptocurrency platform called Africrypt that cost investors $ 3.6 billion in bitcoin, according to Bloomberg has.
Join our Facebook group and Telegram group Coincu News to chat with more than 10,000 other people and share information about the crypto currency market.
Important NOTE: All content on the website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your money, the choice is yours.