OpenSea Launches Investment Arm and Grants Program In 2022
Top NFTs Marketplace’s Ventures
OpenSea Ventures is OpenSea’s brand new investment arm supporting the next generation of founders building protocols, companies, teams, and ideas that will power the future of open web3 economies. Led by OpenSea co-founder Alex Atallah, OpenSea Ventures will help the most promising developers and creators realize their visions to grow Web3 through NFTs, decentralized systems, and other novel blockchain uses. The Ventures will invest across the web3 ecosystem but focus investments across four main themes:
- The continued shift to a multichain world, both for fungible and non-fungible items
- Creating and supporting NFT-related protocols
- Social and gaming projects serving as distribution mechanisms for crypto and NFT elements
- The emergence of NFT aggregators and analytics supporting activity on OpenSea and other NFT marketplace platforms
Benefits for portfolio companies
In an effort to advance the future of NFTs, OpenSea Ventures will offer strategic capital, backed by resources and connections across their global partners. Specifically, teams will have:
- Direct access to OpenSea leadership
- Access to OpenSea’s most helpful strategic and venture partners, including a16z, Standard Crypto, Animoca Brands, Electric Capital, Alchemy Ventures, A* Capital (Kevin Hartz), 1confirmation, Katie Haun, 3LAU, and more
- Assistance with NFT security and improving NFT standards, and integration with docs.opensea.io, where appropriate
- Guest blog posts on opensea.io/blog, where appropriate
- Connections with leading NFT creators and OpenSea Ecosystem Grant recipients
The new ecosystem grants program!
The new Ecosystem Grants program is aimed at elevating creators, developers, and passionate community members working to enrich and expand the NFT ecosystem.
They see Ecosystem Grants as a way to kickstart community ideas and provide ongoing financial support to initiatives that they believe have the potential to expand web3 and the NFT universe. In the spirit of their company mission, they look forward to allocating grants across three main categories, which they plan to broaden as they receive community feedback:
- Usability and tooling: Improving the user experience of buying, selling and transferring NFTs, as well as tooling that empowers and unlocks creativity for NFT creators.
- Community Education: Resources and support to onboard and educate new users to make NFTs and web3 more approachable.
- Accessibility and inclusivity: Creating a space where all individuals have access to the opportunity and promise of NFTs.
Given the range and diversity of eligible projects, funding amounts will vary. They will review and distribute Grants through a rolling selection process, considering project scope and relevance, potential impact, team composition, long-term sustainability, and speed (they’re looking for projects that can be initially executed within at least 2 quarters of receiving the grant). Their ambition is to make the review process as transparent and interactive as possible: they’ll start the program by selecting their review committee, refining their funding criteria, then they’ll introduce opportunities to engage with the committee, meet the leading NFT marketplace’s grantees, and shape future categories and challenges.
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join CoinCu Telegram to keep track of news: https://t.me/coincunews