Crypto Market Highlights February 23, 2022
Terra Ecosystem Raises $1 Billion, Grayscale Bitcoin ETF Campaign, Amber Group Raised $200M and more Crypto market news collected over the past 24 hours.
Crypto Market Highlights: Investment News
- Ecosystem-focused nonprofit Terra (LUNA) The Luna Foundation Guard says it has completed a $1 billion private token sale, one of the crypto industry’s largest sales to date, which will set up the UST foreign exchange reserve in Bitcoin ( BTC) was used. The purchase was led by Jump Crypto and Three Arrows Capital with participation from other investors. UST Foreign Exchange Reserve is an initiative to provide an additional layer of support from assets deemed less correlated to the Terra ecosystem, initially with BTC but with plans to expand to other key uncorrelated assets in the futures market, they added.
- Digital asset management firm Grayscale Investments has announced the launch of a campaign to educate and encourage U.S. investors to submit comments on its application to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to convert the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust into a bitcoin cash exchange . traded fund (ETF).
- Cryptocurrency trading platform Amber Group has raised $200 million in a funding round led by Singapore’s state-owned investment firm Temasek, raising its valuation to $2 billion.
- Securifying, the digital asset securities firm, said it acquired Pacific Stock Transfer for an unspecified amount. With over 1.2 million investor accounts and over 3,000 private and public clients, Securifying is currently one of the top 10 largest stock transfer agencies in the United States by account, as well as an agent. The first and only 10 transfers to digitally issue and manage stocks, they claim.
- Investment management company Lighthouse Asset Management has launched Lithuania’s first DeFi mutual fund called MEV Capital Stablecoin Enhanced Yield Fund. The fund has professional-only shares with a target size of $50 million.
- Digital asset manager CoinShares announced that it had adjusted earnings before interest, tax and amortization (EBITDA) of £121.7 million ($165 million) and an adjusted EBITDA margin of 80% for the year ended December 2021. with total earnings for the year of £114.3 million (US$155 million). Their total assets under management in exchange-traded products (AUMs) as of December 31 were £3.3 billion ($4.47 billion), while the CoinShares Global Equity Index’s blockchain AUM was £880.5 million (1.2 billion US dollars).
- The London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) has announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire trading technology solutions provider TORA for US$325 million. The agreement includes TORA technology for order and execution management systems and portfolio management systems for clients trading equities, as well as infrastructure for fixed income, currencies, derivatives and digital assets.
- Tourism in El Salvador has grown by more than 30% since the Bitcoin (BTC) law was passed in September 2021, according to Tourism Minister Salvador Morena Valdez, according to local news outlet El Salvador News English. Before the Bitcoin Act came into force, most visitors came from the neighboring countries of Central America, while currently up to 60% of tourists come from the United States.
- Bitpanda has acquired custodial wallet provider Trustology, renamed Bitpanda Custody. This will give the company the ability to conduct custodial services in the UK in addition to doing business in the EU, as Trustology is registered with the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), they added.
- Digital asset banking platform SEBA Bank announced that it has received a Financial Services License (FSP) from the Abu Dhabi Global Markets (FSRA) Financial Services Regulatory Authority (ADGM), effective February 7, 2022 specified in the ADGM, including investment or credit advice, credit and custody arrangements and collection of funds.
Crypto Market Highlights: Security and Regulatory News
Bug bounty platform Immunefi has revealed that blockchain platform Polygon (MATIC) recently patched a “serious” flaw in the network’s proof-of-stake system that puts billions of dollars at risk. However, white hat hacker Niv Yehezkel reported the vulnerability on January 15 and received a $75,000 bounty.
California Senator Sydney Kamlager-Dove sponsored Senate Bill 1275, which would allow a state agency to accept cryptocurrencies as payment for the provision of services.
Authorities in Kazakhstan say they have shut down 13 illegal cryptocurrency mining pools with an electrical capacity of 202 megawatts and promise to continue cracking down on the industry.
El Salvador President Nayib Bukele said he will submit a proposal to Congress to grant citizenship to foreigners investing in the Central American country and introduce other initiatives to reduce government barriers and attract investment projects, according to Reuters. He did not specify whether the bills were exclusively addressed to BTC-affiliated entrepreneurs.
Crypto Market Highlights: Crime News
Britain’s Greater Manchester Police (GMP) say they caught an international crypto scam and recovered over £4 million (over $5 million) to its victims. The force has returned funds to 23 verified victims, while another 127 lawsuits from different countries are being investigated by GMP officers working in cooperation with law enforcement partners internationally.
The Japan Exchange Group (JPX), owners of the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the Osaka Exchange, has warned the public about companies deceiving Japanese investors by selling cryptocurrencies under the JPX brand after receiving a report.
Crypto Market Highlights: Career News
Audio streaming company Spotify is hiring a senior backend engineer to explore Web3, among other emerging technologies. The job posting also requires experience in top discovery and prototyping of new products.
Crypto Market Highlights: General News
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) warned that the Nigerian central bank’s digital currency eNaira (CBDC) could pose a money laundering risk and encouraged the Nigerian central bank to conduct a comprehensive risk assessment along with existing anti-money laundering and counter-funding terror protocols.
Luxury brand Dolce & Gabbana has launched DGFamily, an NFT community in partnership with digital luxury goods marketplace UNXD. In addition, all members of the DGFamily can purchase exclusive NFTs with a credit card, they said.
The team behind the game ChainGuardians says it is launching a metaverse project called The Cryptoverse that aims to bring the blockchain game to mass adoption. Cryptoverse will feature unique social mechanics that include different social levels, chemical gameplay mechanics, as well as assets that players can own: avatars, vehicles, buildings, lots, all powered by interactive non-fungible tokens (NFTs), they said.
Join CoinCu Telegram to keep track of news: https://t.me/coincunews
Important NOTE: All content on the website is for informational purposes only and in no way constitutes investment advice. Your money, the choice is yours.