Crypto Market Highlights April 8, 2022
Crypto Market Highlights: General News
- Walmart, McDonald’s, Starbucks, and many other U.S retailers are now accepting Bitcoin payment via Lightning Network. Strike CEO Jack Mallers stated that his company has teamed with three of the world’s leading payment providers, Shopify, NCR, and Blackhawk Network, to enable bitcoin payments at stores across the United States at Bitcoin 2022. Starbucks, Chipotle, El Corte Ingles, Woolworths, and hundreds of other worldwide retailers are among the brands Blackhawk and NCR serve.
- The city of Prospera in Honduras and Portugal’s autonomous Madeira region are adopting Bitcoin now. There is no tax on buying and selling bitcoin in Madeira, confirmed by Portugal’s representative. Furthermore, President of the Government of Madeira Miguel Albuquerque also says Madeira offers “fantastic conditions” for corporations with one of the lowest taxation rates in Europe. The city of Prospera in Honduras will allow Bitcoin to operate as legal tender with no capital gains tax. Prospera also accepts bitcoin for payment of fees and taxes.
- Microstrategy’s address, which owns over 120,000 Bitcoin worth around $5.5 billion, has added another 3,241 BTC in just one day. The firm’s address accumulated 289 BTC and then another 2,952 BTC on April 5th, making the firm become the third-richest whale in the world. The recently acquired BTC is worth little more than $145 million in total.
- Coinbase said that its crypto trading services are now available to customers in India. Coinbase co-founder and CEO Brian Armstrong, who has been in India for the past two weeks, originally stated that the business is making a “long term investment” in the country. Surojit Chatterjee, the company’s Chief Product Officer, then showed user onboarding on the exchange.
- SEC has approved the issuance of bitcoin futures ETFs by NYSE Arca and Teucrium. The SEC announced the approval on its website on Wednesday, adding Teucrium to a long list of bitcoin futures ETF issuers. Notably, Teucrium and NYSE Arca filed the application under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, filing a 19b-4 form with the SEC. The already-approved bitcoin futures ETFs filed by other companies were under the Investment Company Act of 1940, which follows a slightly different regulatory pathway to approval.
- The Tennessee Titans are the first NFL franchise to use a third-party service provider to take bitcoin for significant and recurring payments. With the formation of this agreement, fans will be able to pay for season tickets, suites, PSLs, and sponsorship options with the Titans and Nissan Stadium events using bitcoin. Fans will be able to purchase season tickets, suits, PSLs, and sponsorship possibilities using bitcoin at Titans and Nissan stadium events.The Titans will initially only accept bitcoin for bigger transactions and recurring payments, but the team aims to expand the program to include single-ticket purchases, merchandising, and at-game food and beverage sales in the future.
- The Slovenian government published a flat-rate tax plan on cryptocurrency redemptions on Thursday, asking the Slovenian Parliament to act fast to accept it. The proposed tax, which is part of the government’s post-COVID recovery plan, would be charged when virtual currencies are sold or exchanged, with an effective rate of just under 5%. The government’s goal is to “debureaucratize” and simplify the current system, as well as boost Slovenia’s competitive position as crypto markets take off.
- According to Senator, Mexico is considering making Bitcoin legal tender. Samson Mow, a former CSO at Blockstream, detailed the ambitions of three separate global jurisdictions to adopt Bitcoin. Mexico is one among them, and the country’s president has invited Mow to meet with him to consider the idea. Last month, Kempis stated that she intended to make cryptocurrencies legal tender in Mexico, which is second only to El Salvador.
- The kid-focused social media app Zigazoo is announcing an initiative to introduce NFT collectibles that help young people learn and better understand technology through kid-friendly content. The platform will be hosted on Flow, the blockchain platform that powers NBA Top Shot and NFL All Day. Dapper Labs, the creator of Flow, is an investor in Zigazoo. Moonbug Entertainment will bring the video franchises CoComelon, Blippi, and My Magic Pet Morphle to Zigazoo’s NFT platform, starting with CoComelon.
Join CoinCu Telegram to keep track of news: https://t.me/coincunews
crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market crypto market