Axie Infinity is a Blockchain game (NFT Gaming) built on Loom Network. In the game, players will collect and nurture imaginary creatures called Axies. Similar to when playing Pokémon GO, you can do quests to collect Axies, team up to fight, and buy & sell Axies with other players.
What is Axie Infinity?
Axie Infinity is a game universe filled with fascinating creatures, Axies, that players can collect as pets. Players aim to battle, breed, collect, raise, and build kingdoms for their Axies. The universe has a player-owned economy where players can truly own, buy, sell, and trade resources they earn in the game through skilled gameplay and contributions to the ecosystem.
There are and will be many varied games experiences for Axies. Many of them will have players compete with each other using complex strategies and tactics to attain top rankings or be rewarded with coveted resources. Others will have them complete quests, defeat bosses, and unlock in-depth storylines.
There are countless unique Axies that players can collect with varying body parts and appearances. Body parts will unlock abilities for Axies that vary across games, they will have completely different values, benefits, and skills from one game to another. Body parts also have their own unique card art for players to collect.
How does it work?
The goal with Axie Infinity Shards is to align the incentives between the players of the game and the developers in novel and exciting ways. The mechanisms described above have two main goals:
- To reward players for interacting with Axie Infinity while simultaneously incentivizing them to hold on to their tokens so they can claim additional rewards.
- To decentralize the ownership and governance of Axie Infinity.
Want Axie to become the first game truly owned and operated by the community that plays it. This opens up limitless possibilities but must be approached carefully. In the past, projects have been abandoned and become stagnant using the term “decentralization” as a ruse. The shift to a true Decentralized organization will occur gradually over time.
Here to create an ecosystem of amazing Axie gaming experiences with community and player-owned economies as foundational pillars.
Axie is a digital nation where people globally come together with their Axies to play, earn, and live.
A key difference between Axie and a traditional game is that Blockchain economic design unlocks the ability to have complex player-owned economies and rewards players who are able to reach advanced levels of skill. Players are able to have fun and work towards ambitious goals while simultaneously earning potential resources that will have real monetary value due to an open economic system and demand from other players – “Play-and-Earn”.
- Currently, players can gain more resources to advance in the game by taking actions such as:
- Competing in Battles to win leaderboard prizes as well as Smooth Love Potions (SLP)
- Breeding Axies to produce new ones with particular Body Part combinations
- Collecting and speculating on rare Axies such as Mystics and Origins
Axie Infinity is structured as an open-ended digital pet universe. Axie NFT assets can be seen as tickets that grant access to all current and future experiences build on top of the Axie IP. In this way, Axies serve as a base layer for a world of infinite experiences.
The Axie Infinity core team will build functionality for the game assets associated with the Axie brand in concurrence with the community. The Axie universe must be fun above all else; only by having an immersive gaming experience can the ecosystem attract enough participants to accrue value to the network.
Axie Infinity is a bleeding-edge game that’s incorporating unfinished, risky, and highly experimental technology.
- Q1 2020: Land and Items migrated to Ronin
- Q2 2021: Axies migrated to Ronin
- Q2 2021: Axie: Origin Alpha
- Q3 2021: $AXS staking
- 2022: Land Gameplay Community Alpha
- 2022: $AXS ecosystem begins: Governance; Play to Earn; Mainstream release of Axie Infinity on iOS/Android
- 2022: Land gameplay
- 2022: Lunacia SDK Alpha
The endgame is to create a single application that players can use to interact with the entire Axie Infinity universe:
- Social network
- Progression of Axies (Leveling, achievements)
- Breeding Game
- PvP with ladder and tournaments
- PvE / Adventure mode
- Land Gameplay
- Players expand their kingdom, harvest resources, and attack Chimeras and other players.
- Lunacia SDK – Allowing developers and creators to make games using existing Axie Infinity assets and hosting them on land.
Read More: CLICK HERE