What is Cardstack (CARD Coin)?
Cardstack (symbol CARD) is an open source framework and consensus protocol that aims to make blockchains usable and scalable for the mass market. The end result is a decentralized software ecosystem capable of challenging today's digital superpowers.
Cardstack likens itself to a giant leap for blockchain at every layer of the software stack. It provides a toolkit that unlocks the potential of the decentralized internet for everyone.
The ecosystem uses CARD tokens to reward network participants. Meanwhile, miners provide network analysis to distribute CARD tokens to participants – including developers creating services for the Cardstack ecosystem.
What problems does Cardstack seek to solve?
Today's tech-focused industries — big corporations like Facebook, Amazon, and Google — squeeze users into memos, then capture the value that users create.
Cardstack wants to disrupt application silos in favor of an open digital world. With Cardstack, end users can combine features from multiple apps or decentralized apps without having to worry about a bunch of separate cloud subscriptions or utility tokens.
Essentially, Cardstack wanted to create an adaptive framework to disrupt today's data silos, creating a more favorable future for the internet.
Features and Benefits of Cardstack
Cardstack's core features include:
- Application Framework: The Cardstack Framework is a comprehensive SDK for building robust, cohesive blockchain applications. At the core of the framework is the Cardstack Hub, which organizes data and transfers value across multiple blockchains and clouds.
- Aggregation Protocol: Cardstack powered decentralized applications can exploit the Tally consensus mechanism, giving DApps the power to perform complex computations to organize large networks of users. This is ideal for batching payments, counting votes, and rewarding good work without flooding the network unnecessarily.
- Ecosystem Tokens: Developers can monetize any Cardstack-based application using smart contracts backed by Cardstack or CARD tokens. The Ethereum-based ERC20 token is designed to reward Cardstack developers fairly based on their contributions to the platform.
The benefits of Cardstack
End users can benefit from Cardstack in all of the following ways:
- Mix and match multiple distributed and cloud applications
- Create new work and application combinations using Cardstack Hub
- Use one token (CARD) to create custodian agreements with all the services you need
- Keep your data sovereign or send it anywhere with Cardstack card-based user experience
- Get started quickly with fiat currency, no crypto experience required.
Developers can build on Cardstack to enjoy powerful advantages such as:
- Comprehensive SDK that enables the creation of powerful, beautiful, scalable applications
- Access a deep library of powerful drop functions
- Improve app experience using Cardstack's offline thread pool
- Get paid fairly by management and payment algorithms
managed by the Cardstack community
- Get reimbursed for the cost of raw materials
- Keep everything 100% open source
For Miners (Miner)
Miners can contribute to the platform to earn benefits such as:
- Do useful work in providing community algorithms to create a fair distribution of wealth across the Cardstack network
- Helps protect the system against exceptions, bad news and spam
- Earn money through Cardstack (CARD) tokens that can be kept or circulated back into the ecosystem
- Get paid through a streamlined scheme that prevents any one party from controlling the bonus functions.