Linea is a zkEVM scaling solution developed by ConsenSys empire that has officially launched Public Testnet. This is also a formidable opponent with powerful layers such as zkSync and Polygon zkEVM. Let’s learn about this project as well as refer to how to do testnest to have a chance to receive an airdrop from this project.
Linea is a Layer 2 blockchain built on Ethereum’s network using zkEVM type 2 technology. With zkEVM type 2, the compatibility with virtual machines is perfect so developers can easily deploy their projects from Layer 1 to Layer 2.
Recently on the evening of March 28, ConsenSys opened a public testnet for this layer 2 after a long period of closed testing before. The ConsenSys development team also discussed giving something to the testnet participants in the past Discord.
Linea has successfully raised an impressive $725 million in funding, outperforming zkSync at a staggering $7 billion valuation.
ConsenSys is the second largest company in the Crypto market when it owns many projects, such as Metmask wallet, Infura, Trufflesuite, with tens of millions of users per month.
Consensys is a well-known blockchain software company in the cryptocurrency industry. It was founded in 2014 by Ethereum co-founder Joseph Lubin. Consensys focuses on developing the Ethereum network ecosystem through a blockchain incubator and venture studio.
For users of the DeFi market, if you are already using Metamask, ConsenSys is the parent company of the wallet application with millions of users. As for developers who build Dapps, this is a familiar name because they provide a wide range of tools and services that allow projects to quickly deploy products on many different blockchains such as Ethereum, BNB Chain, Polygon, Avalanche C Chain…
ConsenSys develop Linea, so the team behind ConsenSys are also the developers of this layer 2, in which:
- Joseph Lubin (Founder, CEO): Founded ConsenSys in 2014.
- Andrew Keys: Co-Founder of ConsenSys and currently Managing Partner of ConsenSys Capital.
- Kavita Gupta: Executive in Residence at ConsenSys and director of ConsenSys Ventures.
How does Linea work?
zkEVM is part of the Zk-Rollups technology. To better understand zkEVM, let’s first understand how ZK-Rollups work.
Zk-Rollups is a technology developed with the scalability of Layer 2 on Ethereum by bringing the transactions created on the main chain out to be processed on a separate layer of Rollups, then the data and transactions will be repackaged into a single block for submission to Layer 1 and validation.
However, Zk-rollups technology also carries certain limitations, such as:
- Zk-rollups lack the ability to execute smart contracts and are limited to simple payments and token swaps.
- Ethereum, the hottest blockchain platform right now, is not designed to be optimized for zk technology.
- zkEVM was born to solve the limitations that Zk technology faces with better compatibility with Ethereum’s virtual machine (EVM), thereby helping dApps operating on Layer 1 of Ethereum efficiently start-up run on more Layer 2 solutions.
Highlights of Linea
Backed by ConsenSys
ConsenSys is one of the leading companies in the crypto industry with many different products, the most prominent of which is the MetaMask wallet, one of the extremely popular crypto wallet applications at the moment. With the backing of an experienced and financially rich team like ConsenSys, Linear will be fully qualified to compete fairly in the zkEVM race.
Adopt zkEVM Type 2 technology
Adopting zkEVM (Zk-Rollup solution fully compatible with EVM) will provide a better product development experience for programmers. The composability in this layer 2 will also be more muscular thanks to the similar simulation of Ethereum’s structure (type 2 has more EVM compatibility than type 3.4), thereby helping DApps on Ethereum can migrate to the zk-Rollup chain without much modification of the source code.
Zero Switching Costs
With ConsenSys zkEVM, users get limitless scalability using the full-featured applications, tools, and infrastructure equivalent to an EVM. Developers can build dApps on top of zkEVM and migrate existing dApps without changing code or rewriting smart contracts.
Linea is highly interoperable by design to work seamlessly with all other EVM-based dApps and enable fast communication. In addition, Linea uses ETH as gas and does not depend on third-party transpilers or custom middleware.
Linea brings developer friendliness with easy integration with ConsenSys products such as:
- MetaMask: directly integrated with dApps developed on Linea.
- Infura: with the API from Infura, developers can move dApps faster and scale with 99.9% uptime reliability.
- Truffle: a tool that allows developers to build, test, debug, and deploy smart contracts on zkEVM.
- Besu: zkEVM transaction optimized execution engine using battle-tested ethereum.
With the built-in tools that ConsenSys provides for Linea, developers don’t have to build or mess around with the most basic pieces of the puzzle, just focus on creating Web3 innovations as they build the dApp on top of this layer 2.
Tokens of Linea
According to a ConsenSys blog post on December 13, 2022, it is too early to discuss the launch of a Linea token. However, they have expressed their intention to reward users who help test and improve this project. Given the attention and funding they have attracted, they will likely launch a token and conduct an airdrop in the future.
- January 2023: Opened Private Testnet and achieved more than 1.5 transactions.
- March 2023: Renamed ConsenSys zkEVM to Linea and opened Public Testnet to all users in the market.
- Linea is scheduled to launch its mainnet version in Q2/2023.
How to Get a Potential Linea Airdrop
Participating in a potential Linea airdrop is easier than you think. Just follow these simple steps:
Step1: Add Linea to MetaMask: Open MetaMask, click the top bar, select “Settings”, go to “Networks” and click on “Add network”. This should open a new window where you’ll see the link “Add a network manually.” Fill in the Linea network information below and save it.
- Network Name: Linea
- RPC URL: https://rpc.goerli.linea.build/
- Chain ID: 59140
- Currency Symbol: ETH
- Block Explorer URL: https://explorer.goerli.linea.build/
Step 3: Bridge to Linea: Navigate to the token bridge and select Ethereum Goerli as sending chain and Linea as receiving chain. It may take about 15 minutes for the process to complete.
Interact with protocols on Linea
Explore its vast ecosystem of protocols, such as Uniswap, Ghostchain NFT or FWDX. By interacting with these protocols, you might also be eligible for additional airdrops, doubling your potential rewards!
- Visit https://swap.goerli.linea.build/ and connect your wallet.
- Swap ETH for crWETH (ConsenSys Rollup Wrapped ETH) and crUSDC (ConsenSys Rollup Wrapped USDC).
- Add liquidity by visiting https://swap.goerli.linea.build/#/pool, clicking “New Position,” and adding ETH and crUSDC as your liquidity pair.
2/ Ghostchain NFT
- Navigate to https://app.nft.ghostchain.io/#/zkevm and connect your wallet.
- Select an NFT collection, click “Disperse collection,” choose the amount (in crETH), and click “Disperse.”
- Claim your free gNFT: https://airdrop.ghostchain.io/#/linea/0x627B7D1cc004878429f2d9cdE7D6E6d3B2C32909
- Go to https://testnet.fwdx.xyz/faucet and connect your wallet.
- Choose the cryptocurrency and amount you wish to mint, then click “Mint.”
- Go to https://testnet.fwdx.xyz/create and create a market. Input the send and receive currencies, select a validity date in the future, and click “Approve.”
4/ Mint 0xCygaar NFT
Twitter user cygaar has created a NFT contract that allows users to try out the its Testnet. This NFT has zero utility, no cost, and no metadata. It’s there for fun and to let you try out the new Linea zkEVM at no cost.
- Go to https://explorer.goerli.linea.build/address/0xDEDE5b84A9F2525A81899DDFEcaB4521078Cb03D/write-contract#address-tabs
- Connect your wallet.
- Put a number (10 max) on the 3rd box “3. mint” and click write.
- Confirm the transaction on MetaMask.
5/ MES Protocol
- Go to https://faucet.mesprotocol.com/ and request some test USDC. Don’t forget to select ConsenSys zkEVM as receiving chain.
- Go to https://testnet.mesprotocol.com/ connect your wallet and select Linea Testnet as network.
- Click on Deposit/Withdraw, select ETH Vault or USDC Vault and deposit tokens.
- Click on “Trade” and make some swaps.
Send feedback to the Linea team
The Linea team needs your feedback to improve their product, and they are very likely to reward those who help! To send feedback to this project, complete their Google Form.
Through this article, you must have somewhat grasped the project’s basic information to make your investment decisions. Zero Knowledge is one of the most promising new developments in the crypto space. ConsenSys’ zkEVM, which has been renamed Linea, is a significant step toward this much-awaited innovation.
Linea is a zkEVM solution developed by ConsenSys. The project has launched Public Testnet, with many projects deployed on this zkEVM solution. It has no plans to issue tokens, so you can join the testnet of this project for a chance to receive valuable Airdrops from the project.
However, it is essential to note that zkEVM technology is still in its early stages. There is still a lot for zkEVM to develop, and zkEVM projects will always attract the community’s attention.
Instructions for participating in the airdrop can be found here.
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join us to keep track of news: https://linktr.ee/coincu