Starknet v0.12.0 Will Increase Network Throughput And Reduce Latency
- The Starknet Layer 2 Ethereum network announced on Twitter that the new Starknet mainnet would be launched within a few weeks.
- The upcoming Starknet v0.12.0 is focused on increasing network throughput to improve transaction scalability and latency.
- Voting for the upgrade is coming up, and it is expected to be integrated and deployed in mid-June.
The Starknet Layer-2 Ethereum network has announced that the new Starknet mainnet will be launched within a few weeks. Additionally, the Starknet documentation states that the upcoming Starknet v0.12.0 release is focused on increasing network throughput to improve transaction scalability and latency.
To achieve this, a new Rust implementation of Sequencer will be introduced. The sequencer includes more efficient local storage and critical path logic designed to significantly reduce transaction confirmation wait times and resolve network congestion issues.
According to the Starknet admin page, the upgrade vote for Starknet v0.12.0 is coming. Starknet Alpha v0.12.0 is expected to be integrated and deployed in mid-June so that the community can deploy and drop its vote for Goerli at the end of June.
The proposal suggests that the framework for the upgrade schedule is as follows:
- Integration time: the first 7 days to integrate the stable version,
- Test period: first 3 days of deployment on Goerli testnet, then 5 days of voting, and then 1 day wait (Freeze time)
- Deploy the mainnet the next day, a total of 17 days.
According to the previous roadmap update, in 2023, with the full focus on developing features, 2024 will be the year of network decentralization. This will also be the time when this layer-2 will launch its $STRK token because it will require a project’s own token to implement decentralized governance.
The move is similar to the zkSync Era when that Layer 2 solution also announced the date for network decentralization as 2024.
Around the end of last year, StarkNet released information about the StarkNet token to the community, including the token’s implementation on the Ethereum network and tokenomics announcement.
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join us to keep track of news: https://linktr.ee/coincu