The Sandbox is best known for its two major mobile successes, The Sandbox (2011) and The Sandbox Evolution (2016), which attracted 40 million downloads on iOS and Android. After the success of the User Generated Content gaming IP model in mobile, Pixowl, who is known as a developer/publisher, decided to create a new revolution by applying it to the blockchain ecosystem. The Sandbox is built to disrupt traditional games at the time by providing creators ownership of their products as NFTs and rewarding them when joining the ecosystem.
In this article, News Coincu will seek for readers 6 things they should know about The Sandbox metaverse.
What is Sandbox Metaverse?
The Sandbox is an Ethereum-based metaverse game that allows users to buy virtual land and then build, share, and trade them to advance experiences. Unlike the traditional gaming market, in the Sandbox, players have absolute control over their in-world creations.
The Sandbox is made up of three elements, including:
- VoxEdit is a game changer that enables creators to animate 3D objects in the metaverse.
- Marketplace is a place in which users will be able to purchase tokens such as LANDs, ASSETs, and GEMs.
- Game Maker is a simple tool that helps users design, test, and share experiences within The Sandbox’s metaverse.
LAND is the name of a parcel in The Sandbox. There are 166,464 single plots in this virtual world, and an Ethereum NFT represents every plot. Landowners can do whatever they want on their LAND such as creating virtual meeting spaces, opening performances, or renting it out to others,…
ESTATE is the result when multiple LANDs are combined. If more than one individual owns an ESTATE, it is called a DISTRICT.
Sandbox metaverse tokens
Any project built in blockchain technology will release its native token to support transactions or other purposes. $SAND is the key utility token and the currency of The Sandbox’s ecosystem. It is used for:
- Medium of exchange: $SAND is necessary for making purchases in The Sandbox’s marketplace. In detail, users will use SAND to purchase LAND, ASSETs, GEMs, CATALYSTs, and avatar customizations.
- Governance: Holders can use $SAND to participate in the governance.
- Selling ASSETs: To sell any voxel creations in The Sandbox’s marketplace, Voxel artists must pay $SAND to upload their products.
- Staking: When users use $SAND for staking on LAND, they will have a chance to earn rewards. Besides, $SAND may also be staked for rewards in a liquidity mining pool.
- Playing game: Several games on The Sandbox will require an amount of $SAND because, in some cases, the game designer can choose to charge players to play their game.
- Hiring: $SAND is also used for hiring game designers and artists to design ASSETs for projects.
- Contests: Some creators may utilize $SAND as a reward in their contests on their LAND.
- Foundation Fund and Staking Pool: A 5% fee will be applied to each $SAND transaction. This fee will be divided into two parts: half being allocated to the Foundation Fund and the rest for the Staking Pool.
How to buy land in Sandbox metaverse
The Sandbox is known as fertile ground with several virtual million-dollar properties. However, do you know how to become an owner? To buy LAND in the Sandbox metaverse, users should carefully consider the following steps.
The first step is to prepare enough of Sandbox’s cryptocurrency ($SAND) to buy LAND on its marketplace because all transactions are paid in $SAND. Besides, buyers also need ETH for the blockchain’s transaction fees. Next, investors should have a digital wallet to hold their virtual money and assets. After having money and a wallet, users will need to access The Sandbox metaverse map to choose the wish LANDs for themselves and buy it.
How to play Sandbox metaverse
Besides the expensive lands, The Sandbox also has many other exciting experiences for users. To begin playing, players need to ensure several following prerequisites:
- Devices: users must have a smartphone, laptop, or PC to play on.
- Internet connection: users’ devices also need internet access.
- MetaMask wallet: to do every transaction smoothly, users should prepare a MetaMask wallet with ETH.
If users use a laptop or PC to enjoy The Sandbox, their equipment has minimum requirements, including:
- OS: Windows XP.
- Memory: 512 MB RAM.
- Processor: 1 GHz.
- Storage: 256 MB of available space.
- Graphics: OpenGL 1.5 or higher.
- Network: Broadband Internet connection.
In this case, players prefer the game on mobile phones, so let’s download it through the App Store or Google Play.
After preparing basic stuff and successfully downloading the Sandbox metaverse (both the Game Maker and VoxEdit are available for free download from the Sandbox website) the game on devices, here is an instruction to play The Sandbox.
- In MetaMask, convert ETH to SAND to easy experience programs in The Sandbox.
- Create a Sandbox account and connect it with MetaMask wallet. In order to do that, players have to go to the Sandbox website and “sign in”.
When you first start playing the game, you will be given a tutorial to help you learn the controls and gameplay.
How to buy Sandbox metaverse stock
The Sandbox allows users to purchase property lands and create games and buy its stock in the traditional exchange. Similar to other stocks, buyers need to have a digital wallet and the ability to swap coins to buy The Sandbox stock. SAND can be purchased on major trading platforms, including Gemini, Crypto.com, and Binance. Both Gemini and Crypto.com offer excellent iOS and Android applications. To trade Sand, you must first create an account on one of these exchanges.
Sandbox metaverse and Snoop Dogg
Maybe you have heard of Snoop Dog and Metaverse, but do you know their relationship? Snoop Dog, a legendary rapper, songwriter, and actor, chose The Sandbox to build his mansion and create an NFT collection. More than that, he also performs live concerts and interacts with fans in this metaverse. Thanks to this collaboration, the revolution of Sandbox is advertising to individuals who never knew about Metaverse and its value.
When it comes to the outstanding experiences in the land of Snoop Dogg, players interact with not only Snoop but also players may walk in his shoes thanks to the meticulously selected and planned experiences, which will include a unique avatar for purchase, as well as virtual Doggfather items such as his dogs, car collection, NFT art, and more for players to utilize in their projects.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas about the project, please email [email protected].
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.