Degen Zoo Attacks NFT Market With Zoo Frenzy
- The recently emerging NFT project Degen Zoo is receiving great attention from the community.
- The Degen Zoo project team hopes to finish building the game with a small amount of money and a small amount of time.
- Although the official outline of the game has been released, the game is still in development and has not been released.
Recently, the development progress of an animal NFT game called Degen Zoo has received the attention of the community. The development of this game is similar to a hackathon. The game is completed within 30 days as a gimmick, and the development progress is updated on social media platforms every day.
Degen Zoo attracted more than 100,000 Twitter followers in less than 30 days, and more than 10,000 people joined the official Telegram as a member.
Built by DAO Maker founder Chris Zaknun and former Maker DAO development engineers, among others, the game will be developed on an ultra-low budget of only $20,000 and is scheduled to be developed in as little as 30 days. The game is inspired by the CryptoZoo NFT scam.
The Degen Zoo project team hopes to complete the game construction with a small amount of money and a small amount of time, to prove the incompetence of the founder of CryptoZoo, Logan Paul, and to satirize such metaverse game scams that deceive investors. In addition, as a charity game NFT project, all profits of the project will be donated to endangered animal charities.
One of the purposes of the project is to make people aware of caring for animals and nature, and teach players through games that animals are killed or species what happens when you go extinct.
The two keys of Degen Zoo, are animal egg NFT and DZOO Token (both are not listed).
There are 5,800 animal egg NFTs, which are used to hatch into animal NFTs. There are 100 animal species in the game. The number of NFTs that can be casted for each animal is fixed. If all the NFTs of a certain animal have been cast, they will multiply Or death becomes more scarce. Each animal has 4 characteristics (diet, size, gender, rarity), different diet and size characteristics will determine the amount of DZOO Token income that the animal can generate.
Regarding the gender of the game, only animals of the opposite sex can mate and reproduce for offspring, two male animals cannot conceive offspring, and the same is true for two female animals; the animal species is endangered, and the higher the NFT rarity, Degen Zoo divides the rarity into non-dangerous, vulnerable, near-dangerous, endangered, and critically endangered.
The total supply of DZOO Token is 100 million pieces, the initial market value is uncertain, and the official estimate is around $300,000. Token is mainly used in the game to obtain animal eggs and hatch eggs.
According to the Degen Zoo V1 white paper, the complete game cycle for players to go through can be divided into four stages: obtaining animal eggs – hatching animal eggs – animal evolution – killing animals to obtain income.
(1) Obtaining animal eggs: Players can obtain animal eggs by providing liquidity, staking DZOO Token, and whitelist casting.
(2) Hatching animal eggs: Players need to consume 100,000 DZOO Tokens to hatch pet eggs into animals. The types of animals hatched are completely random, and each animal is locked with DZOO Token ranging from 25,000 to 500,000.
(3) Animal evolution: Players can feed their animals with other species to promote the latter to evolve. The number of DZOO Token locked in a high-level animal is always greater than the sum of two low-level animals. Each animal can evolve twice, and feeding the animal twice with the same species can upgrade the animal to three levels. Evolution can increase the number of benefit tokens for animals and change their appearance.
(4) Gain benefits by killing animals: Each animal has an independent life expectancy, ranging from 10-250 days. Players can kill animals to realize cash, that is, destroy the animal NFT to get the DZOO token locked in its body. However, if the player kills the NFT in advance, the locked token will be burned. The shorter the lifespan of the animal, the more tokens will be released when burning. There is a fine for killing underage animals, 1% per day if the animal lives 100 days.
For example, if a player kills an animal on the 22nd day, the player will be punished to lock 78% of the unexpired token. If the NFT is destroyed on the day of casting, the player will lose 40% of the token, and the remaining 60% will belong to the player.
Players promote evolution by feeding animals of other species, and two female (male and female) animal NFTs mate (will die) to produce new sub-animal NFTs. Every time they feed or mate, the total amount of NFTs decreases.
In the case that the number of animals is fixed at the beginning, the supply of Degen Zoo NFT will decrease rapidly over time, which can theoretically achieve NFT deflation, and in the later stages of the game, the NFT in the game will become more and more scarce.
Players who kill animals in advance will destroy part of the token, and the DZOO Token that enters the incubation will also withdraw from the market for a short time. In addition, the life span of animals is inconsistent. When the price of DZOO Token stabilizes, the time for players to kill animals will also be staggered accordingly. It will not cause centralized selling of tokens. However, the game is still within the scope of the Ponzi model.
Due to the low cost, the first players can kill animals earlier and have a greater chance of profit. When players grab DZOO Tokens for hatching or buying eggs, the short-term demand for tokens will increase and the price will increase; When the price trend of tokens is bad, the animal will be killed in advance to stop the loss.
Although the official outline of the game is given, the game is still under development and has not yet been launched. Many more detailed rules may still be adjusted. Degen Zoo officials are also actively updating the progress of the game on social platforms such as Twitter every day.
In addition, the challenge of Degen Zoo may also show from the side that the cost, time, manpower, and material price required to develop a Ponzi model P2E game may not be as high as imagined.
At present, when VCs are frantically chasing blockchain games, P2E games often have sky-high financing and tokens are issued early but are delayed, you might as well pay more attention to this kind of game project with high transparency and continuous advancement.
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join us to keep track of news: https://linktr.ee/coincu