Review MetaSoccer ($MSU) – A blockchain soccer metaverse powered by Play to Earn games
MetaSoccer is the first soccer metaverse where you can manage your own club and generate income while you play
What is MetaSoccer?
MetaSoccer is an entire soccer universe developed on the blockchain. This is the starting point of a new paradigm in the sports ecosystem, decentralized and in which you can actively participate in multiple ways. This universe is a combination of 3 multi-billion-dollar markets with global impact: video games, soccer, and sports betting, all merged by blockchain and NFT technologies, another multibillion-dollar market that just started to take off.
MetaSoccer is also part of a new generation of video games in which users can earn cryptocurrency for their contributions to the ecosystem. These games are known as “Play to Earn” and have recently been popularized by the success of Axie Infinity.
What is the project trying to achieve?
A decentralized universe
The MetaSoccer universe is designed with the community at its core:
- The MetaSoccer team will be responsible for developing and distributing the initial assets, but once published, the community will generate new assets that users will use to participate in the ecosystem.
- The MetaSoccer team will also be responsible for developing the functionalities that enable the universe to perform well and entertain users. All assets in the universe are NFTs, allowing other developers to use these assets to create new gaming experiences or develop tools that help managers better manage their teams.
What is the unique selling point?
You can participate in the MetaSoccer universe with two different roles:
- As an Owner, you’ll be able to establish your own Club and handle the hiring/management of personnel, discovery of new players, player signings/sales, and finance management. Your main goal will be to equip the Club with the greatest possible talent to take it to the highest level.
- As a Manager, you’ll be in charge of managing the sports area. Your responsibility will be to maximize the potential of players through a proper training plan, prepare the appropriate strategy for each match, and keep players in the best shape and mood possible. You will be responsible for the Club’s sporting achievements.
Although by default one user will occupy both roles, in the future it will also be possible to share responsibility among several users. In this case, for optimal management, it will be important for the Owner and Manager to be in constant communication.
As in real soccer, as an Owner, you can send a Youth Scout in search of promising young players to join your team. Right after performing the action, the new players will appear in your squad, but their information will not be revealed until after 6 days. Once the search is complete, you will be able to reveal the identity of your new players.
After each Scouting, the scout will gain more experience and its attributes will improve. Each Scouting performed by the scout will improve its Knowledge values.
Players found and Cost
The number of players you find in each scouting will also vary according to their knowledge, as finding better players is harder and more expensive.
Scouts are specialized in finding players in their role, so all the players found in the scouting will be from the role of the youth scout.
If the scout has a Specific Role, then he not only will find players within his role but within that specific role more often.
The Scout’s knowledge should be related to its role (a scout with a DF role will tend to have better-defending knowledge skills). That’s why the players having a role corresponding with the scout role will have better potential skills.
The overall potential of the players found will be in general within the range of the Scout Overall Knowledge Skill.
Player Special abilities
There is always a probability that the players found in the scouting have a special ability. This probability increases dramatically if the Youth Scout has expertise in some player’s special ability.
With 2 Youth Scouts in your Club, you can mentor a new Youth Scout.
To control scout inflation in the MetaSoccer universe, each scout will be able to mentor up to 5 new scouts during their career. Each one of these will have an increased cost.
Each mentoring will take 5 real days. Once finished, the new scout will automatically join your squad. New scouts joining the Club will be between 25 and 30 years old.
- Resulting scout (new asset)
All the qualities of the new scout: attributes, expertise, Scout special attributes, and knowledge will be inherited directly from his mentors.
All assets in the game can be sold on the MetaSoccer marketplace or any other NFT marketplace. As Owner, you will be able to:
- Place an asset for sale at a fixed price, for an unlimited period of time / Buy an asset that is placed for sale at a fixed price
The asset will be automatically transferred to the wallet of the user who pays the preset price.
- Put a player as a transferable / Make a transfer offer
The player will be automatically transferred to the club of the user who pays the transfer price but will remain in the club of the owner’s club. When the assignment expires, the player will return to the owner club.
- Accept or reject offers made on my assets / Make an offer on another user’s assets.
When accepting the offer, the asset will be automatically transferred to the bidding user’s wallet.
There are many factors that can determine the outcome of a match: the individual technique of a player, team morale, tiredness… Basically, the outcome of each match will depend on the direct confrontation between each coach’s tactics, the technique of the players, and a percentage of luck.
As a Manager, before each match, you will have to decide on the initial line-up and strategy of the match. During the match, you will have real-time information on the main statistics of your players and the match. You can also make changes to tactics and player substitutions (up to 5).
There are several types of encounters:
- Friendly matches (PvE)
- Career mode matches (PvP)
- Other competitions
Bets can be placed on the upper divisions of the Continental Leagues. Users will have at their disposal a panel where they can watch upcoming matches and choose where to bet.
They will start with the most traditional betting method: Win-Draw-Win betting (or 1X2)
This type of bet consists solely of predicting the winner of a match. The 1) corresponds to the local winner, X) the draw and 2) away from a winner.
The betting coefficients will be fully automated by an algorithm. Payments will also be automatic.
Play to Earn
As a user of the MetaSoccer universe, you can earn cryptocurrency in the following ways:
- Winning matches (simulated according to statistics) against other users in career mode, or against AI in friendly mode.
- Finishing the season in the top positions of the league or cup in career mode
- Selling players who have been discovered by your sports scouts
- Borrowing players to other teams for a limited period of time
- Charging commissions on the sale of future players
- Selling sports scouts who have been mentored by members of your team
- Getting sponsorship contracts as your team gains popularity
- Betting on a winning team
- Renting your stadium to other teams
- Selling tickets to fans attending the stadium
MetaSoccer Universe ($MSU) is an ERC-20 token used to perform the main actions within the MetaSoccer universe: assets purchases/sales, minting new assets… It will be accompanied by a secondary token, which is used to perform minor actions in the game.
- Token Name: MetaSoccer
- Ticker: MSU
- Blockchain: Polygon
- Token Standard: ERC-20
- Contract: 0xe8377a076adabb3f9838afb77bee96eac101ffb1
- Token type: Utility, Governance
- Total Supply: 360.000.000 MSU
- Circulating Supply: Updating….
Token release schedule
Token use case
As a $MSU holder, you will be part of the governance process of the MetaSoccer ecosystem, as well as enjoy exclusive benefits such as:
- Participate in key governance votes
- Have exclusive access to NFT drops
- Be the first to try the new features
- Total Supply at TBC opening: 360,000,000 MSU
- Initial TBC Supply: 18,000,000 MSU
- Private Sale Price: $0.025 (DAI)
- Public Sale Price (Token Bonding Curve presale): $0.03 (DAI)
- Listing Price (Token Bonding Curve opening): $0.035 (DAI)
How to own the token?
Buy MSU token at IDO on Polygonscan
Market and Community
Video Games Market
Video games are an ecosystem that has evolved by leaps and bounds in recent years, to the point of recreating parallel universes that allow users to interact online with other users around the world. A recent study reveals that at least 3.1 billion people out of the 8 billion inhabitants worldwide play video games, roughly 40% of the world’s population. The Asian continent is at the forefront with 1.4 billion players. Europe ranks second with 668 million consumers. Followed by Latin America and North America with 383 and 261 million consumers respectively.
The use of blockchain technology in video games
Blockchain technology is a public, shared and decentralized database that functions as a ledger where buying and selling operations or any other type of transaction are recorded. Broadly speaking, the benefits that blockchain offers to the video game industry are:
- Ownership: For the first time in history, users can be the real owner of the game assets.
- Digital exchange: Users have the opportunity to exchange game assets with other users in the ecosystem.
- Income: Users can generate revenue within the game ecosystem, not just developers.
- Transparency: All blockchain game interactions can be referenced publicly.
Soccer is clearly the most popular sport in terms of fans. Around 3.5 billion people around the world watch soccer at least once a year. This represents 45% of the world’s population. And not only is it the most popular sport in the world among fans, but it is also the most popular sport. FIFA estimates that 270 million people officially participate in the sport to some extent. While American soccer, baseball, cricket, and Australian soccer are examples of popular sports, they are mainly played in specific locations. In contrast, soccer is played in over 200 countries; in fact, except in North America, soccer is practically the most popular sport on every continent.
The global sports market reached nearly $388.3 billion in 2020, having grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% since 2015. The market declined from $458.8 billion in 2019 to $388.3 billion in 2020 at a rate of -15.4%. The decrease is mainly due to the blockade and social distancing rules imposed by several countries due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the measures to contain it. The sports market is expected to reach $599.9 billion by 2025 and $826 billion by 2030.
Sports Betting Market
World gambling statistics show that about 26% of the world’s population bets. That means that about 1.6 billion people around the world bet. 4.2 billion do so at least once a year. In 2020 alone, the sports betting industry recorded revenues of $203 billion. From 2020-to 2024, the global sports betting industry is forecast to grow by $144.44 billion, which will be a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11%. According to the PwC 2020 sports study, sports betting is the most bullish sports revenue stream in recent years and with the highest growth rate (7.2%). Followed by other revenue streams such as sponsorship (2.2%), media rights (3.2%), and licensing (3.4%).
The use of blockchain technology in sports betting
The introduction of blockchain in sports betting provides a solution to the problems currently generated by bookmakers. The benefits are as follows:
- Anonymity: your personal information remains undisclosed even to the online casino.
- Trust: In the current centralized scenario, any user could say that they feel cheated by the bookmaker. The same cannot be said when transactions are transparently added to the blockchain.
- Security: Once a block is added, the contents of the block are virtually impossible to manipulate.
MetaSoccer has crossed the mark of 108.700 Followers on Twitter
Investors & Partners
MetaSoccer is an ecosystem that combines video games, soccer, and gambling. The integration of the 3 markets with blockchain technology makes MetaSoccer a disruptive cocktail with enormous growth potential.
Find more information about MetaSoccer:
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas about the project, please email [email protected].
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.