Open Campus (EDU): The 31st IEO Project On Binance Launchpad Ready For Sale
Open Campus is a protocol that allows the community to build decentralized educational content in the Web3 space. This is also the 31st IEO project on Binance Launchpad. The token sale to EDU will follow the Launchpad subscription format. Let’s find out more details in the article here.
About Open Campus
The Open Campus Protocol is a decentralized solution for educators, content creators, parents, students, and co-publishers designed to address today’s significant educational challenges. Despite educators’ important role in shaping future generations, they often need to be more valued and paid. In addition, parents often need more control over the educational content of their children.
The Open Campus Protocol is a community-driven effort to use blockchain technology to improve the educational system. The Open Campus Protocol gives educators additional chances to make money and get acknowledged for their actions while enabling students to access more varied educational information by decentralizing the development and distribution of educational content. The Open Campus Protocol aims to alter the $5 trillion education sector by giving educators and students back control.
The Open Campus Protocol allows them to produce, develop, and distribute valuable educational materials that not only cater to the various requirements of students but also support the ecosystem’s ongoing evolution and progress. Innovation, creativity, and information exchange are praised and fostered in this rich atmosphere, generating a more promising future for education.
Operation mechanism of Open Campus
The operating model of Open Campus mainly revolves around three factors:
- Content Creator
- Educational platform
The Content Creator will create the course and then encode the content in NFT over the Open Campus protocol. They will then sell these NFTs on the Open Campus Exchange Market. The buyers of the NFT are called Co-Publishers, who will have a marketing role for Content Creator’s courses. These courses will be uploaded to Education Platforms for release to learners, revenue from course sales will be shared with Content Creator, Co-Publisher, and Education Platform based on their contributions.
Open Campus Highlights
Since its establishment, Open Campus has had several outstanding achievements, including:
- Highest-grossing mobile apps: TinyTap consistently ranks in the Top 10 Highest-grossing Kids Apps worldwide and is growing rapidly – 2Q1 2022 revenue times compared to the previous quarter.
- Two successful auctions: The first 2 NFT auctions of Open Campus raised 240 ETH across 12 NFTs. It is also the world’s first attempt to tokenize educational content and trade them as NFTs.
- Ecosystem Partners: With over 60 schools and over 130,000 students throughout North Africa and the Middle East, GEMS Education is one of the largest private school networks in the world. Other partners of Open Campus include Animoca Brands, Sandbox, Hook, and Highstreet.
EDU token overview
- Token name: Open Campus
- Ticker: EDU
- Blockchain: BNB Chain
- Token Standard: BEP-20
- Contract: Updating
- Token Type: Utility, Governance
- Total Supply: 1,000,000,000 EDU
- Initial Circulating Supply: 145,000,000 EDU
- Strategic Sales: 13%
- Binance Launchpad Sale: 5%
- Team: 10%
- Advisors: 15.5%
- Operational Expenses: 4%
- Treasury: 10%
- Liquidity: 10%
- Ecosystem Fund: 25%
- Early Contributors: 7.5%
EDU token utility
Current use cases:
- Pay to reward content creators and co-publishers for their share of the revenue.
- Summarize educational content as an NFT.
- Pay to access Open Campus partner education platforms.
- Voting power in EDU governance.
Potential future use cases:
- Buy and sell on the Open Campus Protocol marketplace (e.g., co-publishers buy Publisher’s NFT).
- Grants and scholarships through Smart Donations.
- Decentralized peer-review system.
- Future Education Partners (e.g., Publishers such as Oxford University Press and Schools, GEMS Education) adopt the Open Campus Protocol.
- These uses (and others) may be suggested by the Open Campus Protocol community and approved through the protocol’s governance process.
Token Release Schedule
Tokens will be allocated according to the table below:
EDU Token Sale
- Token Type: BEP-20
- Total Token Supply: 1,000,000,000 EDU
- Strategic Sale Allocation: 130,000,000 EDU
- Binance Launchpad Sale Allocation: 50,000,000 EDU
- Binance Launchpad Sale Price: 0.05 USD / EDU
- Binance Launchpad Amount to be Raised: 2,500,000 USD
- Initial Cycle. Supply When Listed on Binance: 145,000,000 EDU
In addition, Binance also included an unpublished funding round from 2022 in its Open Campus research report. It is reported that a private sale has taken place since 2022 and raised 6 million USD ~ 6% of the total EDU supply. From here, it can be calculated that this private sale was conducted with a token price of 0.1 USD/EDU.
Binance Launchpad EDU Token Sale Program
The token sale for Open Campus will follow the Launchpad subscription format, with user BNB balance recording starting from 2023-04-23 00:00 (UTC). Binance will record users’ BNB balances for five days from April 23, 2023, 00:00 (UTC) to 00:00 April 28, 2023 (UTC).
EDU token sale details:
- Token Name: EDU
- Launchpad hard hat: $2,500,000
- Hard cap per user: 15,000 USD (300,000 EDU)
- Total token supply: 1,000,000,000 EDU
- Total tokens allocated to Binance Launchpad: 50,000,000 EDU (5% of total token supply)
- Public Token Sale Price: 1 EDU = 0.05 USD (price in BNB will be determined before registration)
- Token Sale Format: Sign Up
- Supported Sessions: Only BNB
Binance Launchpad Registration Process
Preparation Period 23-04-2023 00:00 (UTC) to 28-04-2023 00:00 (UTC): During this period, users’ BNB balances will be calculated on an hourly snapshot for every day for a period of five days. Your last average daily BNB balance for these five days will determine the maximum amount of BNB you can commit later.
Registration Period 28-04-2023 06:00 (UTC) to 28-04-2023 09:00 (UTC): All eligible users may register at this time for a three-hour period. Before committing to their BNB, users must also sign the Token Purchase Agreement at the same time. Please be aware that after committing, your BNB will be frozen, preventing you from redeeming it or using any other features like transfers, withdrawals, or trading until the group’s final token distribution.
Calculation time 04-28-2023 09:00 (UTC) to 10:00 (UTC) 04-28-2023 (UTC): Subscription packing and token allocation calculation begins.
Final Token Distribution 04/28/2023 10:00 (UTC): Your locked BNB balance will be reduced by the amount of BNB that corresponds to your final token allocation when it has been determined. After the deduction, your EDU and BNB tokens will be sent to your spot wallet.
Above is our share about the Open Campus project and its EDU token. This is the second project related to the education sector to be released on Binance Launchpad. This protocol allows the integration of blockchain technology into educational solutions.
Since the releases on Binance Launchpad are usually quality projects that have been thoroughly appraised by the Binance exchange, and have the potential to bring high returns with low risk, you can rest assured when participating Public Sale of this project.
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join us to keep track of news: https://linktr.ee/coincu