Worldcoin Takes Over The World As Its Name, Except The United States
- Worldcoin is not available for use or purchase by US persons or companies.
- US persons are restricted from accessing Worldcoin and services of certain countries and regions.
Unlike offshore exchanges, none of the U.S.-based cryptocurrency exchanges, such as Coinbase Kraken, has Worldcoin listed. Worldcoin notes that WLD tokens are not available to persons or companies residing in the United States. However, World ID and TFH’s World App are still available in the United States.
Worldcoin, the most widely distributed digital currency, is making waves in the cryptocurrency world. The WLD token, alongside World ID, will be used for protocol governance and form the foundation of the largest privacy-preserving identity and financial network. However, US-based cryptocurrency exchanges such as Coinbase and Kraken do not currently list Worldcoin. The WLD tokens are unavailable to US persons or companies, although World ID and TFH’s World App remain available in the United States.
According to the whitepaper, the majority of WLD tokens will be given to individuals simply for being unique humans. The majority of humans who are alive today will receive WLD tokens, making it the most widely distributed digital currency. This makes Worldcoin an attractive option for those who want to be part of a digital currency that is accessible to everyone.
Worldcoin is not intended to be available for use, purchase, or access by US persons, including US citizens, residents, or persons in the United States, or companies incorporated, located, or resident in the United States, or who have a registered agent in the United States. Worldcoin is not alone in restricting access to its services. US persons are restricted from accessing services of countries or regions such as Syria, Crimea, Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia regions of Ukraine, Russia, North Korea, Iran, or Cuba.
1.2 Eligibility. In order to use the Services, you must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws. You cannot use the Services to conduct, promote, or help others to carry out any illegal activity.
In addition, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are 18 years of age or older;
- You are not located in, under the control of, a national, or resident of: Syria, the Crimea, Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions of Ukraine, Russia, North Korea, Iran, Cuba, or any other country or region with whom the United States, the European Union, or any other country or jurisdiction has restricted the access of the Services; and
- You are not a “Specially Designated National” as declared by the U.S. Department of the Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) or the sanctions lists of any other country, and your name is not on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Persons List or the banned persons lists of any other country.
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.