Jack Dorsey’s Block Launches Groundbreaking Bitcoin Mining Project
- Jack Dorsey’s Block payments company plans to build a bitcoin mining development kit.
- MDK aims to provide developers with tools that help unleash the creativity and innovation of Bitcoin mining hardware.
- The mining development kit (MDK) is expected to have four parts: hashboard, controller board, Open source firmware, and reference material.
Jack Dorsey‘s Block (formerly Square) payments company has announced on its official blog that it is considering building a Bitcoin or MDK mining development kit.
Jack Dorsey has previously raised the idea that their company is considering launching a custom and open-source silicon-based bitcoin mining system. They intend to build it in open collaboration with the community copper, and this idea has received positive feedback from the community.
The MDK is now envisioned to include the following:
- A robust, reliable, industrial-grade bitcoin mining hashboard. The hashboard will be designed to be compatible with our custom-built control board, as well as readily available third-party controllers, such as Raspberry Pi.
- A custom-designed controller board designed to work with the hashboard.
- Open-source firmware, a software API and a web front-end allow developers to modify the critical performance parameters of the hashboard.
- Extensive reference materials and support documentation to facilitate easy customization of the hashboard.
Block will update its mining hardware plans in the coming weeks and months.
The article states that the MDK aims to provide developers with tools that help unleash the creativity and innovation of Bitcoin mining hardware.
“We anticipate the MDK being useful for development projects focused on integrating bitcoin mining into various novel use cases – such as heating solutions, off-grid mining, home mining, or intermittent power applications – and optimization of bitcoin mining hardware for traditional commercial mining operations. With the MDK, we see significant opportunity to increase the accessibility and openness of bitcoin mining hardware to accelerate innovation in the field.”
DISCLAIMER: The Information on this website is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. We encourage you to do your own research before investing.
Join us to keep track of news: https://linktr.ee/coincu